What are cookies and why do we use them?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a Site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating Site during your browsing session or on each subsequent visit, or to another Site that recognises that cookie. The cookies we set do lots of different jobs, like help us to improve the Site and deliver a better and more personalised service, remember your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We will only read or write cookies for the preference level you set when you first visit our website. Please note that cookies set before you changed your settings will still be on your computer. You can remove them using your browser settings. We also use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences. This means:
- If you delete all your cookies you will have to update your preferences with us again – we’ll ask you when you next visit our website
- If you use a different device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again
The Cookies we use
The cookies used on our website fall into one of 4 categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you filled in a form while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Site to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Site in other ways. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. Highview Power, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Highview Power’s. This information may be shared with organizations outside Highview Power, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Site usage statistics and aggregate Site testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Highview Power, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Highview Power, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our site and other parts of our site may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as http://www.allaboutcookies.org.